Meal Plan and Grocery List - Week 08/06 - 08/12

We have a big week coming up.  Not only do our kids start a new school  year, but my husband and I are celebrating our anniversary! So, with that in mind, we will have a special meal this week of grilled steak! 

Going to still keep it simple, because we have vegetables coming out of the garden and I have been busy canning up Tomatoes, Spaghetti sauce, and Salsa.  Also, since I am making all this, I'm going to use them this week!

I have been craving pizza. Like really bad.  Pizza is my spirit animal, so I have found a low carb "Pizza casserole" that I hope will curb this craving. :) 


Meal 1 – Pizza Casserole with Salad
Pizza! (No crust)
Garden Salad
Probably side of pasta for the kids.


Recipes needed:
http://www.food.com/recipe/low-carb-supreme-pizza-casserole-485518

Going to use my homemade spaghetti sauce for this.  Also, going to use Ground Turkey because its a leaner meat.   I will also leave off the Black olives, because my husband dislikes them. 


Meal 2 – Taco Salad Bowls with Brown Rice
Tacos
Brown Rice

Recipes Needed:
http://holisticallyengineered.com/2013/04/homemade-taco-seasoning-low-carb-and-paleo.html

Easy peasy meal! Who doesn't love tacos? You can use pre-packaged taco seasoning, or if you are feeling froggy make your own.  I'm going the easy route this week because I already have some seasoning in my cabinet. I'm making my husband and I taco salad bowls.  I will make the kids taco wraps.  This will also be an excellent meal for their lunches for school. 


Meal 3 – Grilled Steak and Grilled Veggies
Steak
Vegetables

Recipes needed:
none

Season your steak with Moore's or just salt and pepper and grill until its cooked the way you like it. I will grab whatever vegetables are on sale.  Zucchini, squash, asparagus and onions are my fave for the grill.  Coat them with salt, pepper, garlic powder and olive oil.  Then grill until they are cooked enough for you.  We prefer them a little burnt off the grill. :)  Also, this can double as a breakfast....steak and eggs anyone???
Grocery  List


Produce
Lettuce
Veggies - for side salad
Garlic
Onion
Green Bell Pepper
Red Bell Pepper
Mushrooms
Vegetables for Grill

Packaged/Bottled
Brown Rice
Pizza Sauce
Taco Seasoning

Meat
Ground Turkey
Sausage
Pepperoni
Steak


Dairy/Fridge
Mozzarella Cheese
Cheddar Cheese
Parmesan Cheese

Staples (You may already have these)
Italian Spices
Salad Dressing
Steak Marinade
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper
Garlic powder

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meal Plan and Grocery List for Weekend of April 15

Meal Plan and Grocery List - Week 4/17-4/23

Weekend Meal Prep 4/22 and 4/23